I’m doing this because of all my friends and family who have been popping up pregnant lately.
I’m going to talk about old wives tales! Here are a few I’ve found fairly interesting.
– Next time your OB pulls out the Doppler to listen to baby’s heartbeat, ask them to tell you what the heart rate is. According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy.
Both of my boys were 139 and below.
– Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it’s a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it’s a boy.
With my pregnancy I wanted savory food SOOOO bad. That and margaritas. I refrained from the margarita’s. lol.
– This one’s a little out there. Pee in a cup (you’ve been doing it at all your prenatal appointments anyway, haven’t you?), mix a tablespoon of Drano in, and watch to see if it changes color. Green = girl, and blue = boy.
– If you’re breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother’s beauty, hence, those annoying zits.
My face actually cleared up while I was pregnant with my boys. My hair was soft and bouncy. My nails grew. Yup…I believe this one.
– Pop off your wedding ring — if you still can! — and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy’s in your future. If it goes back and forth, you’ve got a girl.
I did this one…it swung in a crazy circle!
– Sick as a dog during the first trimester — or still? Signs indicate you’re having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy.
I had no morning sickness with my guys!
– Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it’s a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue.
Similar tales say if you carry in front, you’ve got yourself a little boy, and if you expand horizontally, it’s a girl.
Since I had twins I carried high and low…lol.
– Has your spouse been indulging in your pregnancy cravings, too? If your hubby packs on a little sympathy weight, the tales say you’re in for a sugary-sweet little girl.
The man is a Marine sooooo he put on zero weight during my pregnancy. Not an ounce.
Have you heard of any old wives tales? Anything that you did or wanted that you thought pointed to a bow or beau?